Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm thinking about keeping a dream journal.

What say you?

This morning I dreamed that I was at a sort-of slumber party at a hotel. As we were walking in, something fell from the sky and hit the pavement a little way away. It was a human hand. This was discomforting, but I figured someone had commit suicide. Okay.

We went inside to this sort of conference room where we were hanging out. However, the room had windows and a balcony--and what looked like a section of leg was stuck through by a lamp post outside. We changed conference rooms.

In the new conference room, one of use had an encounter with a ghost, I think it was this kid Ryan that I played basketball with in middle school. She was trying to lure him to some sort of death (I've been awake fifteen minutes and I'm already losing things), but he woke up out of his trance or something. Later, the ghost lured another girl into the pool, where she drowned.

In the meantime, I went to brainstorm about why all of this was happening. There was a long history of people dying in the hotel, including a Matthew Maconaughey look alike who was there with a group of friends when terrorists or something came, and forced them all to jump over the balcony.

Anyways, I went down to the main lobby, and there was this sort of event or something going on--but more importantly, there were all these different coffee's set up. There were four or five little round tables, and each table had four different coffees on it. I wandered through them looking for a dark roast for a while... before I found the Double Chocolate Coffee, which strangely enough had a lable that looked pretty much exactly like Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Ha.

Anyways, I also made myself a cheese sandwich, which prompty fell apart and I had a large degree of difficulty carrying, since I had only napkins and no plate. I began to return to the conference room, when I ran into a fellow party-goer brainstorming in the dark, trying to connect the deaths of all those who had died so that we could understand why we were being targeted and how to solve the problem. He suggested that the only thing he could come up with was that everyone who had died was scottish.....

I woke up. It was one of those dreams where I try to fall back asleep so that I can see what ends up happening.... to no avail.

No comments: