Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Feeling ill.

When I was roused from my slumber this morning by the rather adorable jingle of my cell phone alarm clock, I was faced with the harsh realization that I felt like shit. Not only was my throat filled mucus and an itching, scratchy sensation, but my uterus had decided to redecorate and was shooting bolts of electricity through my body as it prepared to put up new wallpaper.

"Aha!" I know you are saying. "This is a perfect day for Teeney to sit around blogging all day!" But this is a very foolish thought. Although I woke at 9:00 A.M. after a sickening ten hour long sleep, I was forced to remain in my bed, moaning inconsolably for the next three hours. At this point, I realized I was going to have to make a sacrifice if I was ever going to get any blogging done, and I managed to roll out of bed, throw on some pants and slide on shoes, and stumble bra-less to Walgreen's. Here I purchased Midol for my lady pains and Sprite for my forlorn throat, then ogled the chocolate candies (which I resisted) as I waited in the check out line. I promptly came home, washed some Midol down with my Sprite, and ate Corey's Snickers bar out of the freezer.

Finally about 1:00, I was feeling nearly functional, and began to assess the as-yet unstarted five-page paper that is due tomorrow. This consisted of browsing the syllabus, flipping through my sources, poking around the online library catalog, and planning how I would write about hating the paper in my end of semester course instructor survey.

I made it out of the house once again around 2, catching the bus--for about the second time this year instead of cycling; don't worry, you can give me a high five and a slap on the ass for that when I'm feeling better--to campus and checking out the remaining needed books for such paper. Returning home from my adventure, I quickly collapsed into bed once again.

Man, this blogging has re-exhausted me. I think I'll get back in bed once more.

No comments: