Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12

This is a story about how my thesis is consuming my life.

When Black Sabbath broke up and Ozzy went out on his own in the early 1980's, his now-wife Sharon became his manager. He's a big name in the San Antonio scene because of the whole Alamo piss fiasco, so he gets a good amount of press in the the local papers in the 1980's.

I've done about 11 hours of micro-filming total at this point, and after looking at a couple months of newspapers on microfiche, you start training your brain to pick up on different words and phrases. Yesterday, about five hours into my microfilm session, I stopped scrolling and stared at the screen. What the fuck!? I wondered, blinking. Why the hell is Sharon in Israel?! Did Ozzy have a strong Jewish following?

... Yeah.

No comments: