Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30

This is not how you'd expect a band named "Hooray for Earth" to sound. Who would call their band "Hooray for Earth"? What a stupid name. You can't even say it without feeling dumber.

"Hey, Teeney, what are you listening?"

"
Hooray for Earth."

"What? I can't hear you. It sounded like you said "Hooray for Earth" or something stupid like that, but I know you're not that dumb."

"... Oh."

Yesterday I sent my Popular Music in World Cultures professor a frantic email. "I've been looking for next Tuesday's reading for twenty minutes and I can't find it!" She wrote back, tiredly, that I shouldn't have any problem finding it because it was mapped out in the syllabus. It turns out that the exceptionally long article that I'd read all of for Thursday's class was broken into multiple readings. Tuesday's reading is a subset of this article--which explained why I couldn't find any articles with that as the mainn title. Boy did I feel silly, but at least I'd finished my homework early.

No comments: