Friday, October 17, 2008

The current state of (my) affairs.

It's been a fabulous week, completely lacking in productivity. However, I am finally finished with my Fulbright application and with that entire process, and it's nice to have crossed one thing off of my endless to-do list. At the same time, I was supposed to submit a five page draft to the American Studies Honor Thesis head today, and I'm not doing it. I don't even have ONE page, much less enough information to write about.

At some point I'm going to blog about Charlotte, my "new" bicycle. She's an old Free Spirit, but was pretty cheap, and is my new project. As a very task oriented person, I find having projects to be very fulfilling. This is likely why I also enjoy jigsaw puzzles, sudoku, and blogging. Yet after setting new time-spent and words-written records with my Wednesday post, I'm going to keep it a bit shorter and more light-hearted today.

Charles and I were hanging out yesterday, bemoaning how hungry we were. "What's cheap?" I asked. "Pizza?" He urged me to check pizza chain websites for coupons, to see if there were any great deals. I logged onto Dominos.com and clicked to look at coupons.

To our delight, Domino's currently has a deal for a large, one-topping, carry out pizza for only $3.99. A large pizza for $4.00?! Charles was almost excited as I was.

But price is hardly where the wonders stopped. Not only were Charles and I about to get a rad deal, but we could even order our pizza online. Selecting mushrooms (perhaps the greatest pizza topping EVER), we placed our order and we greeted by a PIZZA TRACKER window.


Besides asking the invasive question about my political affiliations, this screen--with live updating!--informed us what stage of the pizza-making process our pizza was at, as well who was making it (Ashanti) and when she'd started making it. Charles and I unanimously agreed that this was the coolest thing we'd seen all day.

Once our pizza was done, we drove down to pick it up, leaving the tracker up in the browser while we were gone. When we returned home, we found that the pizza tracker had tracked us all the way to the pickup, giving us a nifty thank you.

No, thank you.

I will be ordering all my $4.00 pizzas online from here on out.

In other news, I'm not sure if anyone noticed my little Freudian slip in Wednesday's post, or even if anyone made it all the way through my entire essay. Although I edited the post so that it now reads correctly, I've included a screen shot of the typo for your convenience.

There's nothing sexier than a man with an analog camera in his hard.

To sum this all up with something that's likely way too obvious, I've rediscovered the screen capture. And it feels great.

1 comment:

charlestheoaf said...

Mushrooms were indeed the optimal choice.

The online status bar was like checking the UPS tracking number on a package. Except faster :)