Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Short rides

I rode my bicycle to a job interview last week, past a playground full of children. "Hey!" One of them called at me. "I'll buy your bike for five thousand dollars!"

"FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS?" I called back, laughing, before continuing on my ride.It's a shame little kids don't actually have money, otherwise I would obviously have no need to go to job interviews. I spent $115 on my bicycle originally, and nows she got a new rear brake cable, some new tubes, and trued truer wheels. However, I strongly doubt that these improvements have added $4,885 to the value of my bicycle. This means I would be making quite a profit on my $5,000 bicycle sale--and demonstrates to me just how profitable taking advantage of small children could be. If only they had the funds.

No comments: